Hello World 🙂
Wednesday again and half-way through the weekend. So what are your plans for this weekend? I am really happy because I handed in most of the written work that was due and tomorrow it’s my final solo recital so this weekend I will be enjoying some quality time with my boyfriend who has travelled all the way from Cyprus to be in Manchester for tomorrow 🙂
So, today our topic is Boho Chic, the IT trend for this season. I have to admit that for me, bohemian vibes are one of my favourite trends ever so I am really happy that this trend is so in fashion now because this means that more boho products are available to us, boho fans!
However, I know that this trend is not everyone’s cup of tea or at least many of you out there, are reluctant in trying to add a boho touch to your looks. So, today I will show you a combination that is not considered entirely bohemian oriented, however it gives you the vibe of that boho chic look.
What is more, is that suede is the new leather as it returned and is one of the most popular fabrics to use on bags, shoes, skirts, jackets and waistcoats by every high-end designer.
And suede and bohemian always had a great relationship to be fair 🙂
Today, the main garment is a suede Rene Derhy jacket with lace details and fringes and it is upon that item that I have built my outfit. A suede bohemian-styled jacket can be worn by anyone, even by those who are not daring in testing out the new boho chic look. With a garment like this, you can easily show your bohemian influences without overdoing it.
I combined the jacket with a pair of Silvian Heach ripped jeans, and a plain white sleevless t-shirt with lettering by Just Cavalli. I wanted to add another touch of vintage vibes to my outfit so I wore once more the amazing fashionable sabots in bronze and wooden heel by Versace Jeans. As I was going for an evening coffee with friends, I did not want to hold a big bag and went with a mini navy blue cross-bag by Blugirl (Blumarine), which I thought complemented my outfit well.
- Often, one single item or garment that is boho-influenced can be enough to create a different look.
- A plain white t-shirt combined with your favourite pair of jeans can be the perfect base for building a great outfit. Remember that simplicity is always IN.
- Try combining camel and tan with lighter shades if you are creating a spring or summery look because when camel is combined with black, it automatically makes the look more wintery.
- This season, fringes are one of the best trends available. If you’re not into wearing a garment with fringes, then choose a pair of shoes or a handbag. They can really add a different dimension to the look.
- Suede is a beautiful material, but can easily be stained and destroyed, therefore if you like the idea but do not want to spend big amounts of money in purchasing something that will not last very long, aim for going with faux suede. By this way, you can save money and still enjoy the trend.
Peace & Love,