Well hello Fashionistas 🙂
It’s been a while since my last post but I was very busy lately with uni work and of course Milan Fashion Week! So today I will be talking to you about my trip to Milan, my daily activities, my outfit posts and the upcoming trends for Fall Winter 2016-17, straight from Milan.
First day was all about wandering around, relaxing and charging our batteries for the long days that were expecting us.
The day started with Cavalli Class. Yes, the collection was extraordinary as always. We then went to Versace Jeans were we placed another order and completed our day at Byblos Milano. As the sun was still up, we went to Duomo square to admire the beautiful view and take some pictures and for a walk in Saint Babila and Via de la Spiga where all the high-end designer stores are located. At 7 p.m we headed to Via Senato whete the Byblos Milano show took place, which was a great show and that was a wrap.
Day 2 was a very busy day. First stop was Just Cavalli where we viewed the total new and refreshing look of the collection. Second stop was the Trussardi showroom where we viewed both Trussardi prima linea (first line) and Trussardi Jeans. We then went to the Versace Collection showroom, followed by John Galliano, Frankie Morello and Emanuel Ungaro. The appointments finished at Palazzo Versace, with Versus collection. We then visited to Brera (a very popular area for the best italian taverns) where we enjoyed some Italian traditional food.
Our last working day started at MIPAP, an exhibition in Milan for ready-to-wear collections by designers from all over the world, where we placed an order at Rene Derhy. We then visited WHITE, another fashion exhibition. At 4:30 p.m we headed to the Just Cavalli factory for the event they organised for their buyers and the fashion world, which started with a presentation of their Fall Winter 2016-17 collection that was stunning, followed by a live concert from Black Honey. We had loads of fun with Peter Dundas – the creative director of Roberto Cavalli – as a barman serving us cocktails. I have to congratulate the Roberto Cavalli empire for the amazing event they organised; It was funky, different and represented well the new generation of Just Cavalli, which is young, post-punk, sporty and urban.
Last day was all about relaxation, hanging around Stazione Centrale enjoying a coffee and a Cannoli Siciliani (one of the best desserts in Italy).
After 5 days well spent in Milan Fashion Week, I can now inform you about all the upcoming trends for next Fall Winter 2016-17 so are you ready? 🙂
- Black – Black is always present. Total black, black in combination with other colours, yet still black will always be black.
- Wine Red – this is the upcoming colour that comes to replace all other shades of red. A warm colour between red and plum that will be available in everything; tops, blouses, jackets, coats, trousers, dresses, shoes, furs and handbags.
- Red – I have said that wine red will be replacing all other shades of red but I was certainly not referring to the absolute timeless bright red colour. So, bright red and wine red are the only shades that will be present. Burgundy is long gone along with all other shades of red.
- Camel and Beige – two colours that have come to stay.
- Green and Khaki – these two are similar but at the same time totally different. Bright green is the new trend, while khaki has been introduced since Spring Summer 2016 – the collection that is arriving now in stores – but will also be popular next Winter.
- Turquoise – it’s a deeper turquoise that was shown in combination with black and grey, creating a wintery look with a bright colour.
- Mustard – Mustard is a deeper shade of yellow that is used in the collections to brighten the dark colours.
- Fuchsia – Bright pink or otherwise fuchsia will be one of the most popular colours in the colour palette of Fall Winter 2016-17.
- Silver and Gold – with one word; Metallics. Yes, you heard right. Metallics are back in all forms, sequins, jeans, sparkles, glitters, leather, velvet, lurex.
- Jeans – Jeans will be everywhere. Biker jeans with zips, high-waisted jeans and jeans in every form, shape and garment. Jean dresses, coats, jackets, trousers, shoes.
- Fur – Furs faux or real, are all over the place, in any colour you can imagine. Furry bomber jackets, fur details on clothes, furry bonbons, fur on handbags.
- Leather – there is not much to say about leather as it is one fabric that will always be present in the collections, whether it is Spring Summer or Fall Winter, leather will always find its way to adapt to the latest fashion trends.
- Suede – now is seen on skirts, hats, shoes, handbags and all sorts of clothes. But be careful with suede! It needs extra care in order to maintain it soft and gentle feel.
- Lurex – for those who do not know what lurex is, it is a type of fabric which incorporates a glittery metallic feel. A very sensitive fabric, yet so beautiful and luxurious. Lurex will be available in dress and tops.
- Sequins – for those who love adding a bit of glitz and glamour to their outfits, then they will love this trend. Sequins will be present not only in evening wear, but also in casual and sporty looks, for example on tracksuits.
- Cashmere, knits, jersey, chiffon, cotton, etc. – I won’t be talking about them separately because these fabrics are the basis for any Fall Winter collection.
Must- Have Items
- Patchwork jackets and skirts.
- Biker Jeans.
- Flared trousers.
- Bomber Jackets.
- Furry coats.
- Knee-high boots.
- Mini sized bags.
- High-waisted trousers.
- Mini casual dresses.
- Wrap skirts and tops.
Last but not least, here are some of the outfits I wore in Milan.
Here, I am wearing a pair of Just Cavalli biker jeans with gold zips, a jumper in black and gold by Gerry Weber, a fur jacket with leather details by Rino & Pelle and I am holding a Cavalli Class bag in the new colour that I have referred to before; Wine red. I completed my outfit with the Fendi Metropolis tricolour sunglasses and a pair of black ankle boots.
A total black look once more because as you already may know, black is my favourite colour when referring to clothes. I am wearing a long black cashmere coat by Taifun, a pair of black ripped skinny trousers, a black woollen waistcoat by Gerry Weber, a shirt with leather details again by Taifun. My outfit was completed with another Cavalli Class handbag in leather and pony skin, my Just Cavalli heeled-trainers a pair of burgundy leather gloves and my Miu Miu round sunglasses in grey with gold frames.
Here, I applied the day-to-night once more. I began my day in a Just Cavalli black dress with a small knitted Taifun jacket with all buttons closed, my fur Rino & Pelle jacket, a small Just Cavalli cross-bag and a pair of knee-high leather Aldo boots with gold zips. I then transformed my outfit simply by removing the knitted jacket, allowing for the dress’s details to be exposed to the eye; a gorgeous cutout neckline with some bold studs in silver and gold. What is more, I just wore my heeled knee-high boots in suede and I was ready to party at the Just Cavalli event.
If you liked my post, you can simply press the like button below and also follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Photo Credits: Maro Koumantari Demetriou.
Peace & Love,